Side by Side Pro Server
DriveWorks Pro Server will allow you to:
- Install two different versions of Pro Server on the same machine.
- Connect two different versions of Pro Server to the same SQL Server.
This should assist in the shared group upgrade process. A group can only be upgraded if it is not owned (in use).
To run two different versions of Pro Server on the same machine the following minimum versions of DriveWorks are required:
- DriveWorks 11 SP0
- DriveWorks 10 SP3
Groups in Microsoft SQL Server
The Groups in Microsoft SQL Server task shows the DriveWorks Shared Groups that are stored in the SQL Server instance that Pro Server is connected to.
The list will display:
- The Name of the group.
- The Version of the group. This number corresponds to the major version number of DriveWorks.
- The Owner of the group. This is the name of the machine the group is hosted on.
- Currently Hosted By This Service. This will indicate the following:
- Yes, Hosted by this server.
- No, Pro Server requires the group to be upgraded prior to it being hosted by this server.
This will refresh the list of Groups in Microsoft SQL Server.
Upgrade/Force Ownership and Upgrade
This button will become active if there is a Group that requires upgrading and it is selected from the list of Groups in Microsoft SQL Server.
This will become active if a group has been selected from the list of Groups in Microsoft SQL Server. Only owned groups can be deleted.
Welcome to DriveWorks Pro 11 -What's New