The Database Connector continuously observes a table in a database and creates specifications from rows with
Connectors send information into Constants or Controls of a specification by name. Connectors will
observe the following behavior when driving data into a specification:
- If the constant name is found with the same name as the name of the value being applied, then the
constant will be driven.
- If there is a control with the same name as the constant, the control will NOT have its value set.
- If however there is no constant with that name, but there is a control with that name, the controls
value will be set.
The Database Connector requires a valid database to monitor.
The Table in the database must include a field for the Connector to read and write the
Status of the entry.
Setup the Data Source
The following settings are applied in the Data Source section of the settings screen.
- Type - Specifies the type of database to be observed. The available options are:
- SQL Server - Connects directly to a SQL Server database.
- ODBC - Connects to a database through an ODBC connection. Information on creating ODBC
connections can be found at the following links:
- Server Address (When Type is SQL Server) - The Connector will list all SQL Servers that
the computer can see. Select the required server from the drop down.
Source (When Type is ODBC) - The Connector will list all ODBC connections set up on
the computer. Select the required source from the drop down.
- Username - Enter a valid username to connect to the data source.
- Password - Enter a valid password for the username.
- Is Trusted Connection (When Type is SQL Server) - Check if the data source requires a
- Database (When Type is SQL Server) - Select the required SQl database to monitor.
- Table Name - Select the table name to monitor.
Once connected to a database and table (from the settings above) the fields from the table are read into the
Field Bindings section and are listed in the Name column.
- Set a binding Type for each field. The available bindings are:
When the table has no field for Project Name or Transition Name, these bindings must be set in
the Additional Options (see below).
The following additional options are available:
- Project Name - Use when only a single project can be processed by the connector and no
field binding exists for this property.
- Transition Names - Use when only a single transition can be processed by the connector
and no field binding exists for this property.
- Scan Interval - Set how often (in seconds) the connector will scan for new entries in
Welcome to DriveWorks Pro 11 -What's New