How to: Create and Install a Project Template
Project Templates can be created from any Group with a single Project per Template and can be useful for integrating a new product into a product
line that is already running, whilst maintaining consistency with branding and presentation standards that are specific to the business.
The Project Template should contain all reference images and relevant master documents, .driveprojx and .drivegroup files
which will form the basis of a Project Template. Include any additional files that would be required to display a functional description, when displayed
in the New Project wizard, also adding a reference to the XML schema if required.
Create a Project Template
Follow the steps below to create a Project Template:
- From File Explorer locate the "Group Content" folder in your DriveWorks Project.
- Add your template.xml file into the "Group Content" folder.
- In the "Group Content" folder create a new folder and name it "Description".
- In the "Description" folder add an index.html file.
- Update both the template.xml and index.html to reflect your Project template.
- Compress and zip the file to create a DriveWorks Package (.drivepkg).
- Change the extension to .driveprot
You will now have a Project template that you can use for future deployment and Groups.
Installing a Project Template
If a template is not displaying in DriveWorks after being installed check that the installer or version of DriveWorks is the one you are currently using
as templates are version specific.
If there is an error in the templates data it will not display.
- Double click on the new .driveprot file and the DriveWorks Install Template wizard will automatically launch.
- Choose whether this template should be made available to either the Current User or for Everyone (who has access).
- The DriveWorks Install Template wizard will then launch and complete the task to install the template for the users selected.
Uninstall a Project Template
To uninstall a Project Template please follow the steps below:
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the folder where "Templates" are stored in DriveWorks.
Local Disk>ProgramData>DriverWorks>[version number]>Templates>Projects
- From the "Projects" folder, select the template you want to uninstall.
- Right-click and select "Delete" or press the "Delete" key on your keyboard.
The deleted Project Template will be removed.