How To: Rename A Project
This article discusses how a project can be renamed, manually, once it has been created.
This can be done, more straightforwardly, directly inside DriveWorks Data Management, see Rename Project
for more information.
It is important to understand which files are the project files
for the type of project being renamed. Please familiarize yourself
with the Project File Extensions in this article
File Extensions before proceeding.
To Rename A Project
Once a project has been created it can be renamed quite easily.
This involves using a combination of Windows Explorer and
DriveWorks Data Management Tool.
- Ensure the Group that contains the project to be renamed is not
open in any DriveWorks application.
- Locate the project file for the project to be renamed in
Windows Explorer, this will have the file extension
- Rename the project file to the name to be given to
- Launch DriveWorks Data Management Tool, login to the group and
select the Projects stage from the Task Explorer.
- The old project name will be displayed in red (missing) in the
right click on the missing project and
select Change Location.
- In the Browse for New Location dialog, browse to the location
of where the renamed project files exist.
- In the same dialog click the file type drop down and select All
- Select the renamed project file (
|Knowledge Base Article Ref:||KB12121032|