How To: Troubleshoot Installation
This article outlines issues that can occur during the installation of DriveWorks.
Running the DriveWorks installation file launches the installer for another program
Double clicking the DriveWorks installation file has been known to launch the installation for another program.
- Windows installer caching the install files in memory.
- A 3rd party setup.exe file exists in the same location the DriveWorks installation file is being run from.
- The easiest method to clear the cache from the Windows Installer is to reboot your machine after installation of a program.
- To overcome a 3rd party setup.exe file existing in the same location as the DriveWorks installation file - Move the DriveWorks installation file to a location that does not contain a setup.exe file.
DriveWorks Add-in (in SOLIDWORKS) not present
After installation of DriveWorks the Add-in cannot be found in SOLIDWORKS.
Check the Add-In is active by:
- In SOLIDWORKS click the Tools menu and select Add-Ins...
- In the Add-Ins dialog scroll to the bottom of the list and ensure the check boxes to the Left and Right of DriveWorks are checked.
- A DriveWorks tab will appear in the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane.
The SOLIDWORKS task pane is displayed on the right hand side of the SOLIDWORKS graphics window. DriveWorks has it's own tab located on the SOLIDWORKS task pane.
Check the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane is enabled:
- In SOLIDWORKS, right click anywhere along the header or command bar areas
- From the menu that appears ensure Task Pane is selected
- DriveWorks was installed before the installation of SOLIDWORKS.
- Uninstall DriveWorks and re-install (after ensuring SOLIDWORKS has installed successfully).
- Corrupt installation file or installation.
- Uninstall the corrupt version of DriveWorks.
- Download DriveWorks again (to ensure the download is not corrupt) and re-try the installation.
Installation Was Interrupted
When installing DriveWorks the installer could display the following message, causing installation to fail.
- A newer version of DriveWorks is already installed.
Installation Was Interrupted Error 25541
The same Installation was interrupted message, as above, could be displayed but with the following message:
Reason: Error 25541. Failed to open XML file C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config, system error: -2147024786
- Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 is not installed or corrupt.
- Ensure .NET Framework 3.5 is turned on:
- From Windows Control Panel, select Programs and Features.
- Select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Select the box next to .NET Framework 3.5 (inlcudes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
The sub-features are not required to be turned on.
|Knowledge Base Article Ref:||KB13103029|