A DriveWorks package file allows a complete implementation to be easily distributed.
For a more detailed
Individual groups, and all project data, can be packaged for easy distribution.
Create a DriveWorks Package (Enhanced)
To create a DriveWorks package file from an individual or shared group, where specific data can be included or excluded, please refer to the topic Pack and Go.
Create a DriveWorks Package (Basic)
To create a DriveWorks package file from an individual group that includes all group data:
- Locate the files that are to be included in the package, using Windows Explorer.
- Right click on the folder from which all files are stored.
- From the menu select Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Once all content has been compressed change the extension of the zip file to .drivepkg, as the example below:
The file name of the drivepkg file can also be renamed.
Can be renamed:
Unpack a DriveWorks Package file
A DriveWorks Pro module must be installed on the machine the package is being transferred to.
- Using Windows Explorer locate the DriveWorks Package File on the machine it is to be unpacked on.
The file should be displayed with the DriveWorks Package icon.
- Double click the file to launch the DriveWorks Package wizard.
The wizard displays all the files included in the package.
- Click the Browse button at the end of the Extract Location field. Browse to the location from which all packaged files will be extracted and click OK.
- Click Next on the DriveWorks Package wizard to begin extraction.
- You will be prompted to Login to the group during the process. Supply credentials that have Administration rights for the group when this appears and click Log-on.
- The extraction process will:
- Add the group to the Recent List.
- Remap the projects to the extract location.
- Remap components to the extract location.
- Remap specifications, documents and reports to the extract location.
- Remap released components to the extract location.
The DriveWorks Data Management Tool will not be required once the DriveWorks Package wizard has been run.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
- Open the group in the required DriveWorks module.