Broken views can be captured and have the position controlled by rules. Once a break is added to the View of a captured Drawing it will be displayed in the Sheets and Views section as a Child of the View it exists in.
To capture the Break the Sheet and View must also be captured.
To Capture A Break
With the Sheet and View already captured
- Select the check box next to the name of the Breakline to capture.
For breaks that require more placement precision it may be easier to create a Reference Plane in the model, that is captured, and dimension the break to the Plane in the View.
To Uncapture A Break
- Uncheck the check box next to the name of the Breakline to capture.
If you uncapture a Breakline and save your Project, the action cannot be undone. Furthermore, if you have already created any rules for the Breakline, then they will be lost. Before uncapturing a Breakline, you may wish to make a copy of your Project.
Once a Breakline is captured highlighting the captured item in the tree view will present some information about the Breakline that will be useful when building rules to control the position.
- Orientation - Vertical or Horizontal, the orientation cannot be controlled.
- Distance from Left - Displays the current distance (In the document units) of the first break from the left of the edge of the View.
- Distance from Right - Displays the current distance (In the document units) of the second break from the right of the edge of the View.