What's New Rules Insight
New functionality added to the Rules Builder includes:
- Rules Insight - Real time help for every function
- Autocomplete- Quick pick list, which is filtered as you type,
to display possible functions, variables, constants and form
- Bracket Matching - Placing the cursor next to any bracket in
the rule will highlight the bracket it is matched with
- New Settings - New settings allow customization of the colors
used to display the rule.
Rules Insight gives clear guidance on the function in use. The
current required value is highlighted in bold, with a description
of what the function expects for the argument.
As you start typing a function,
variable, constant, table or form control in the rule
builder autocomplete will display a list of suggestions.
The suggestions can be used to complete
the entry by clicking on the required entry in the list.
Typing the start of a variable name within the function, filters
the list to display all values that correspond to the entry.
Bracket matching allows you to see where brackets open and
close. Easily identifying where a rule could be failing.
New settings added to the display item settings of the rules
builder settings include:
- Function - Set the color used to display functions within the
- Reference - Set the color used to display references within the
rule. (Variables, Constants, Form Controls, Tables)
- Operator - Set the color used to display operators within the
- Active Parenthesis - Set the color used to display active
parenthesis (brackets) within the rule.