This document type is used to export data directly in to a sheet
in a Microsoft Excel Workbook from the DriveWorks project.
To work effectively the sheet to export the data to should
contain named cells. DriveWorks will recognize the named cells and
allow rules to be built for the values to export.
can use .xls, .xlsx and .xlsm files.
as an .xlsx are the quickest to generate as
DriveWorks does not need to open Excel.
To Add an Excel Workbook document:
In DriveWorks Administrator open the project the document is to
be applied and go to Stage4: Output Rules> Documents
- Click the "Add" button on the command bar.
- Choose the Excel Workbook document from the list
on the Add Document wizard.
- Give the new document a name.
- Click "Next" and then Browse to the location of the excel file
using the "Browse" button.
- Select the file and click Open and the click "Finish".
To Edit an Excel Workbook:
- The Master Workbook Path is the location of the master
file, which can be browsed to if the location of the file changes
by clicking the "Browse..." button.
- The Document Name is the name that will be given to the newly
created file. This can be built by clicking the "Build..."
- The Document Path is the location where the new copied
file is going to be stored. This can be built by clicking the
- The Named Ranges is a range of cells that DriveWorks
will write information into. The rules for the named
ranges can by built by selecting the named range from the list
and clicking the "Build..." button. The data can also be
refreshed to bring in new named ranges by clicking the
- DriveWorks can create a HTML version of the document to open in
a web browser by checking the "HTML Output" option in the
- The General Setting, Hide from document list is used
to hide the document from the document list in the
Name will need to be unique if the document is created in the same
location for each specification, otherwise existing documents will
can be Deleted if it is not required by making the result of the
document name return Delete.
At any point
a HTML preview can be created by clicking the "Preview" button on
the command bar.
Document Path is not set then the file will be created in the
How to create a Named Range in Excel
- Open the Excel Workbook and select the cell that is to
be the Named Range.
- Activate the Formulas tab and open the Define Name dialog.
- Give the cell a unique name and click 'OK'.
- Save and close the workbook.
Running Macros on an Excel Workbook Document
DriveWorks will automatically execute a macro called
CreateReports, after driving all the captured
cells and prior to the new document being saved.
CreateReports macro must exist in a module named
DriveWorks, in the VBA Project for the
Excel Workbook document is triggered in the
specification flow by the