How To: Change A Static Property To A Dynamic Property
This topic shows how various properties that are static by default can be made dynamic. Making a property dynamic will allow a rule to be built for the property.
The objects within DriveWorks that have static properties include:
- Form Control Properties
- Specification Flow Tasks
- Specification Macro Tasks
Not all properties are static by default. Some properties are fixed, meaning their type cannot be changed at all. Other properties are dynamic by default, these cannot be made static. All properties that are static by default can be made to be dynamic.
A static property is identified by the gray orb that accompanies the property name
Change a Static Property to a Dynamic Property
- Locate the static property from the list of available
- Double click the gray radio button
to the right
of the property name.
- The button will turn green
the property is now dynamic.
The current static value of the property will be applied in the form of a rule, for example:
Please enter a value
="Please enter a value"
(the '=' sign will not be shown when opened in the rule builder)
Numeric and Boolean values will not be enclosed in " ".
Return the Dynamic Property to a Static Property
- Locate the dynamic property the list of available properties.
- Double click the green radio button
right of the property name.
- The button will turn grey
the property is now static.
A property that is dynamic by default cannot be made static. If the green orb does not turn green, after double clicking, the property must have been dynamic to begin with.
When returning a changed dynamic property to a static property any rule applied while it was dynamic will be lost.
Form Control Properties will take the result of the existing rule as the static property value.
Specification Tasks (Specification Flow and Macros) will take the the previous static property value.
Build a Rule for the Dynamic Property
Ensure the property is a dynamic property (It will display the green orb
- Click in the property for the control to be changed
- Click the build button at the end of the property field to launch the rule builder
- Enter the rule in the rule editor and click OK to apply
DriveWorks Tech Tips Portal
Dynamic Form Controls
An example of how to make your form controls dynamic and responsive to user inputs.
View all Tech Tips
DriveWorks Tech Tips Portal is available to DriveWorks Pro customers with an active subscription and support contract.
Tech Tips provide cut down projects that highlight specific functionality for faster and more effective learning.
To access the portal:
- Go to https://hub.driveworks.co.uk/tech-tips/
- Login with your DriveWorks Pro account credentials, if asked
- Click the Visit Tech Tips Portal button for access
The portal provides a search facility, start typing the name of the Tech Tip (as indicated above) to display the Tip you require.
|Knowledge Base Article Ref:||KB13111201|