A Copied File is used to copy an existing file as-is into
the same folder as the specification.
To Add a Copied File:
In DriveWorks Administrator open the project the document is to
be applied and go to Stage4: Output Rules> Documents
- Click the "Add" button on the command bar.
- Choose the Copied File document from the list on the Add
- Give the new document a name.
- Click "Next" and browse to the location of the file and click
open and then "Finish".
To Edit a Copied File:
- The Master File Path is the location of the file to be copied.
If the location of the master file changes, the location in
DriveWorks can be updated can be browsed to by clicking the
- The Output File Name is the name that will be given to the
new copied file. This can be built by clicking the "Build..."
- The Output Path is the location where the new copied file is
going to be stored. This can be built by clicking the "Build..."
- The General Setting, Hide from document list is used
to hide the document from the document list in the
The Output File Name will need to be unique if the
document is created in the same location for each specification,
otherwise existing documents will be overwritten.
Output Path is not set then the file will follow the Specification
Copied File document is triggered in the
specification flow by the
A static document that is copied after specifying so it can be
stored with the specification.