The Live task is used to select the Theme to be loaded and to
start the DriveWorks Live session.
If you are running DriveWorks Live through Internet Information
How To: Configure
DriveWorks Live For IIS) the session is run through IIS and
should not be started through the DriveWorks Live application.
However if you are running the Web Theme and require some
level of customization the
Theme topic will guide you through doing this.
To Start a Live session
- Click the Start button on the command bar. This will
then launch Live at the URL address found in
- Login to the Group using your group login details.
- Select the Project from the icon list.
made to the project while DriveWorks Live is running will appear
when the current specification is cancelled and then restarted.
DriveWorks Live does not require to be stopped and restarted to
show any changes. Ensure any changes that are made are saved in
To Select a Theme
DriveWorks provides two themes that can be chosen to be
- Web Theme -
designed to provide a true web experience with the flexibility of
- Application Theme -
designed to provide most of the functionality of DriveWorks User
with a similar look and feel,
cannot be customized.
The Theme can be changed from the following applications:
- DriveWorks Administrator - by opening a Group and then
selecting Stage 2: Specification> Personal Web edition (this
becomes Stage 6. Specification> Personal Web Edition if you have
a project open).
- DriveWorks Live - by opening a Group and then selecting Stage
2: Specification> Live
Complete the following steps to change the Theme:
Personal Web Edition or DriveWorks Live must
be stopped before Theme Configuration can be launched. This
can be done from the application you are using by:
- From DriveWorks Administrator - Stage 2: Specification>
Personal Web edition (Stage 6. Specification> Personal Web
Edition when a project open).
- From DriveWorks Live - Stage 2: Specification> Live
Click Stop from the command bar.
- Click the Theme button from the command bar
- Select the required Theme from the Theme configuration dialog.
- Click Finish
Once the Web Theme is active you can choose the skin to apply.
See Skins for more information.
To Open a Browser (not applicable for Personal Web Edition)
On the machine DriveWorks Live is installed on your default browser can be launched, pointing to the URL that DriveWorks Live is set to.
- Click the Open Browser button on the command bar.
- Use the down arrow below the button to select a different option for the URL, including using your machine name, available IPv4 and available IPv6 addresses.
Customizing DriveWorks Live
For information on how the look and feel of DriveWorks Live can be tailored to suit your needs see Customizing DriveWorks Live.