The Export to Group Table will export the data, according to the rules applied, to a Group Table that has been applied to a Group.
The data exported will be available, if required, to any new specification started once the export has taken place.
Export to Group Table
Group Tables can have new records inserted or existing records updated by creating an Export to Group Table document.
Create an Export to Group Table Document
Before you begin
When creating an Export to Group Table document a Group Table must exist in the Group that the export is to take place in.
With your project open in DriveWorks Administrator go to Stage 4. Output Rules> Documents.
- Click Add to open the Create Document wizard.
- Select Export to Group Table from the Documents list and enter a name to identify the export.
- Click Next.
- Select the Table that the data is to be exported to, from the Table drop down field.
- The export must include at least 1 control field. From the Fields list, in the Field Type column, select the Field that is to be the control field.
Control fields determine if a row is inserted, updated, or ignored.
- If the values in the control fields of a row do not match an existing row in the table then DriveWorks will insert a new row.
- If the values in the control fields of a row match an existing row in the table then DriveWorks will update the existing row.
- If any of the values in the control fields of a row are blank, then DriveWorks will ignore the row.
Common Fields can make it easier to export to multiple rows where certain columns always have the same value in each row.
For these columns, you may only want to build one rule, instead of a separate rule for each row. To do this, mark the column as a Common Field, and DriveWorks will automatically use the same rule for the column in all rows.
- Click Finish.
The wizard will close and the Data Export Rows table will open in the Documents window.
Add the Rows to be Exported into the Document
With the Data Export Rows table open in the Documents window:
- Click the Add Row button from the command bar. Row 1 will be inserted if no other rows have been added before.
- From Row 1 click in the cell that is required to have a rule built. Click the Build Rule button from the command bar to launch the Rule Builder.
- Build the rule in the usual way in the rule builder and click Ok when done.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for all other cells that are required to be exported as a row.
- Click OK when done.
When will the Export Happen?
As with all documents the automatic release is covered by the Release Documents task. When using the default specification flow this task is applied to the Completed state on the Enter State Event.
A manual release can be applied by having a macro button on the user form and assigning the Release Documents task to a specification macro.
DriveWorks Tech Tips Portal
An alternative to standard DriveWorks security for creating users which uses a Group Table.
View all Tech Tips
Export To Group And Simple Tables
Demonstrates how to export data from a specification into either a Simple or Group Table for later use.
View all Tech Tips
Incrementing Specification ID
Specification Settings can be used to create a Specification ID that increments separately for each user.
View all Tech Tips
DriveWorks Tech Tips Portal is available to DriveWorks Pro customers with an active subscription and support contract.
Tech Tips provide cut down projects that highlight specific functionality for faster and more effective learning.
To access the portal:
- Go to https://hub.driveworks.co.uk/tech-tips/
- Login with your DriveWorks Pro account credentials, if asked
- Click the Visit Tech Tips Portal button for access
The portal provides a search facility, start typing the name of the Tech Tip (as indicated above) to display the Tip you require.