How To: Add Custom Products to the DriveWorks CPQ Template
The DriveWorks CPQ Template can contain Standard, Custom and Special Products within the catalogue.
Custom Products (DriveWorks Configurators) can be added to the DriveWorks CPQ Template and used within a quotation or an order. Custom Products can be configured and added to the quotation like any other Product.
Adding a Custom Product to DriveWorks CPQ
Step 1. Adding the DriveWorks Project to the Group
- Ensure the DriveWorks Project you want to use is in the DriveWorks CPQ Group.
Use Import Project
to import a DriveWorks Project from another DriveWorks Group.
- Make sure the DriveWorks Project contains the necessary CPQ data, like Constants, Variables, Specification Macros and Specification Properties.
Find out how to get a DriveWorks Project CPQ ready here
- With the Project in the Group, open the Group in DriveWorks Administrator and go to Group Tables.
- Find the Group Table called ProjectsList and press View/Edit.
- Add a new row to the table with a new ID and the Projects name.
- Set the MenuButtons column to be FALSE and the Products column to be TRUE. This tells CPQ that this Project is for use in the Catalogue.
The added row should look like the following:
Step 2. Adding the DriveWorks Project to the Child Specification List
- Open the DriveWorks Project called OrderView.
- Go to Form Design and find the form called Catalogue.
- Select the Child Specification List Form Control called Items.
- Select the Projects Property and open the Child Specification List Editor.
- In the Child Specification List Editor, find your DriveWorks Project in the left hand list. Check the check box next to it.
- Leaving the Child Specification List open, select the Project in the left hand list.
- Click the helper link that states:
The information for the selected child project may be out of date if it has been changed, click here to refresh it.
The Constants that exist in your DriveWorks Project will appear in table.
- Set the following Constants to have the following Rules:
- Staying in the Child Specification List Editor, go to the Result Column Values tab.
- Select your Project and for each Output Name, set its value to Auto.
- Press OK on the Child Specification List Editor.
- Save your changes.
Step 3. Adding your Product into the DriveWorks CPQ Template
- Using the DriveWorks CPQ Template, go to the Product Manager View.
Dashboard > Administration > Product Manager
- When in the View, select +New from the Menu Bar.
- Add your Product into the DriveWorks CPQ Template. See Product Manager for more information.
Select Custom as the Product Type. Pick your DriveWorks Project from the DriveWorks Project to Run list and make sure the Product is enabled.
Step 4. Adding your Product to the Catalogue
- Using the DriveWorks CPQ Template, go to the Catalogue References View.
Dashboard > Administration > Catalogue Manager > Catalogue Setup
- Navigate the Catalogue Categories to the point where you want to add the Product.
- To add the Product to the Catalogue select +Add from the Menu Bar.
- Select Product from the Catalogue Type drop down and select your Product from the Catalogue Item drop down.
- Lastly, select your Product in the Current Category List and select Permissions from the Menu Bar.
- Add Teams to the Product. These Teams will be able to see the Catalogue Item in the Catalogue.
Step 5. Testing
- Using the DriveWorks CPQ Template, create a New Quote.
Dashboard > Order
- In the Order View, select +Add from the Menu Bar.
- In the Catalogue find your Product, select it and add it to the Order.
- If everything works fine then you should see the price of the item you have added to your basket.