How To: Add Columns to a List View
List Views get data from a source using a List Query. A List Query is a rule that gathers data and shows it in a table format.
In this topic, we will look at how you add an extra column to a List View to display extra information.
In this example, we will use the Customers Group Table and Customers View and add a column to the View.
Adding a column to a List View
Step 1. Add new column to the data source
- Add a new column to the data source.
In this example, we are going to add an Email Address column to our Customers.
- Add Email Address to the Customers Group Table.
- Press OK on the Group Table to save the table.
Step 2. Update View to include new column
- In the CPQ template, navigate to Dashboard > Admin Panel > View Manager
- Select your View from the left hand menu.
- Update your List Query to include your new table column.
Not all List Queries require updating. For example, the Customers View does not require a new column adding to the List Query.
Step 3. Update View to include new column alias
- Once the List Query has been updated, go to Column Aliases in the View Manager.
- The column name should be pulled in from the new List Query.
- Select Update Aliases to either use the existing column name or apply your own column alias.
Step 4. Add new column to your list view
- In the CPQ template, navigate to your View.
- For this example, you can navigate to Dashboard > Accounts.
- Click Settings on the right hand side of the menu bar.
- Under Columns, select Email Address from one of the drop downs.
- This adds the column to your own personal view.